TITLE: Parts Delivery Driver and Shipper and Receiver
REPORTS TO: Parts Manager
Delivery of parts to our customers on assigned routes. Pickup of customer parts or cores for return. Maintain vehicles as needed for repairs, safety, and cleanliness. The shipper and receiver is responsible for correctly processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments. This includes shipments by public freight carriers and dealership outside sales personnel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pull customer orders
- Load and unload delivery truck
- Deliver parts to customers locations
- Be pleasant and cordial towards customers
- Be respectful to others while driving
- Pickup customer’s parts and core returns
- Check fluid levels daily prior to start up. at
- Keep vehicle clean inside and out
- Schedule vehicle maintenance on regular basis
- Maintain and operate vehicle in a safe manner
- Put away freight as requested
- Receive incoming parts; verify receipt to packing slip.
- Enter receipt data into inventory system.
- Store items in correct inventory location.
- File carrier claims for damaged merchandise as necessary.
- Inform parts manager of back orders and short shipments.
- Maintain a clean and safe shipping/receiving area.
- Maintain an appropriate stock of shipping and packaging supplies.
- Forward incoming packages as addressed to other departments.
- Pick outgoing customer orders from inventory per pick list.
- Ship sold merchandise to customers per shipping ticket
- Pick merchandise for outside sales personnel and assist in loading of vans.
- Other various projects assigned by manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Class 3 drivers license.
- Safe driving record.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (includes legible handwriting).
- Computer knowledge.
- Attention to detail on paperwork.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Forklift certified.
Driver is expected to handle heavy packages and operate a forklift. He/she will drive a company vehicle, work with customers, and warehouse persons. Will wear a company uniform. Will be exposed to dust, noise, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The shipper/receiver works in the loading dock area. He/she works with the parts department and outside freight carriers. He/She is expected to handle heavy packages and operate a forklift.