TITLE: Diesel Tech Class B or C – Lancaster
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
Generally, one to four years of experience in heavy truck repair. Can perform general truck repairs; able to prep trucks for delivery; general adjustments and installations. Requires direction and supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Entire brake and clutch job replacements.
- Minor trouble shooting of electrical and air brake problems.
- Front-end work; alignments; tie rods.
- PDI Inspections
- Cooling system repairs
- Suspension repair.
- Starting and charging systems
- Frame cross member repairs.
- Steel fabrication.
- Some duties of engine repair; cylinder heads, cam shaft, rear structure & tune-ups.
- Fifth wheel adjustments and replacement
- Class B Requirements
- Oxy/Acetylene torch cutting.
- NH Overweight inspection license.
- Familiarity with truck computer systems.
- All the Class C requirements.
- Class C Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Tech School certification or diploma.
- Forklift certification.
- AC certification.
- CDL License
- NHSI License
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Service shop bays of dealership. Willing to get dirty and see a job to completion if necessary. Uniform required.