TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible to run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing employees, administering pay, benefits and leave and enforcing company policies and practices and will maintain employee related records for McDevitt Trucks, Inc. This person will be an integral part of the Human Resources Department. This individual will have a keen pulse on what is going on within the organization relative to its employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs recruitment efforts as needed Attend job fairs, seminars, or workshops as a means to recruit, hire, and assist New Hires into the company
- Act as a confidante in employee related matters. Inform others within HR of concerns or issues that may impact the company business
- Ensure the HR Department meets all compliance requirements
- Assist as backup to the Payroll Coordinator in preparing and process bi-weekly payroll which includes commission and special payrolls in a timely and accurate timeframe
- Maintain accurate payroll records
- Post payroll to Accounting Department as necessary.
- Participate in Human Resources related audits including 401-K or others that may be initiated.
- Ensure that 401-K data is submitted in a timely and accurate timeframe
- In communication with HR Manager concerning workers comp information and accident reporting
- Track Paid Time Off of employees/ report to managers
- Maintain insurance deductions and reconcile to monthly invoices
- HR policy development and documentation in line with the company’s vision
- Performs New Hire Orientations as needed. Enroll New Hires in any of the insurance plans elected in a timely manner. Deduct correct payroll deductions when appropriate.
- Provides information to managers/supervisors in terms of annual performance appraisal and wage increase-follows up with management to ensure timeliness of these appraisals/increases.
- Assist in preparation of news content for Glasscubes
- Perform as assigned by manager and supervisor
Excellent communication and people skills. Paylocity payroll experience is required. Excellent software skills required to include Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point. Accounting skills, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and ability to interact with both managers and employees. Minimum of Associates degree or 5 years of related work experience preferred.
Will be in an office setting. Professional appearance and decorum. Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.