TITLE: Front Parts Counterperson
REPORTS TO: Parts Dept. Manager
The parts counterperson is responsible for assisting fleet and retail customers in identifying and purchasing parts from the dealership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers timely in a friendly and professional manner
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance as well as a positive attitude.
- Wear required company uniform as well as safety toe footwear.
- Handle ALL in-person and telephone inquiries and orders in a professional manner
- Use and be familiar with McDevitt Company’s computer programs, in house business system and OEM programs along with vendor programs
- Participate in all OEM training
- Maintain neat retail display area and keep retail area well stocked, priced and rotated.
- This includes binning displayed parts. Display parts will be brought out by warehouse personnel, or the counter person will be informed that parts in the warehouse need to be displayed. Tagging displayed parts with part number and price are part of the counterperson’s duties.
- Keep the retail area clean. Dust / clean shelves regularly. Sweep the floors keep the showroom clear of debris.
- Fill / Roll SOR’s (Special Order Requests) daily. You will not be told when your special orders have arrived. They must be checked by the counter person on a regular basis.
- Assist customers with mechanical questions to best assess their parts needs; up sell whenever possible
- Pick parts for counter sales. Help the warehouse staff if needed to keep orders pulled quickly
- Process customer’s merchandise new and core returns completely. Check every returned item core or new for return eligibility.
- Process returns through billing system in a timely manner. RGR’s are to be processed within two days.
- Perform cashier function for cash sales
- Provide Saturday coverage as scheduled
- Advise Parts Manager of chronic back-order situation
- Notify Parts Manager when customer exceeds established credit limit
- Update parts discrepancies as soon as they are found. Perform cycle counts when needed.
- Other various projects assigned by manager.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Computer knowledge necessary. Experience in a dealership position preferred. Maintain a positive workplace attitude. Mechanical knowledge of basic vehicle systems and operations preferred. ASE certification preferred. Sales experience preferred. Professional personal appearance. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent telephone skills and solid people skills, to provide the best in Customer Service to our growing customer base.
The parts counterperson works in the parts sales area working with customers face to face and on the phone. May be required to “cover” a different shift or a different counter as requested by Manager.