REPORTS TO: Parts Manager
The shipper/receiver is responsible for correctly processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments. This includes shipments by public freight carriers and dealership outside sales personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check incoming parts orders for damage prior to signing for them
- Receive incoming parts; verify receipt to packing slip.
- Enter receipt data into inventory system.
- Store items in correct inventory location and update bin locations
- File carrier claims for damaged merchandise as necessary.
- Inform parts manager of back orders and short shipments.
- Maintain a clean and safe shipping/receiving area.
- Dispose of any excess packing materials and excess cardboard Dailey
- Keep aisles as clear as possible
- Maintain an appropriate stock of shipping and packaging supplies.
- Forward incoming packages as addressed to other departments.
- Pick outgoing customer pick up orders from inventory per pick list
- Ship sold merchandise to customers per shipping ticket
- Pick merchandise for outgoing orders per pick lists and assist in loading of vans.
- Other various projects assigned by manager.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Computer knowledge preferred. Two years of experience in a dealership position. Ability to lift at least 70 pounds. Experienced in forklift operation. Professional personal appearance. Excellent oral and written communication skills. (includes legible handwriting)
The shipper/receiver works in the loading dock area. He / She works with the parts department and outside sales personnel as well as outside freight carriers. He / She is expected to handle heavy packages and operate a forklift.