- Not categorized
- Posted by
- Comments Off on Service Advisor
TITLE: Service Advisor
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
POSITION INFORMATION: The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional required services to customers.
HOURS: Monday – Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner.
- Schedule appointments using dealership approved forms.
- Obtain correct contact information of customer and company.
- Obtain customer signature on repair order/contact sheet.
- Indicate on the RO the exact customer complaint, not necessarily the repair instructions. Let the foreman and the tech determine the correct repair procedure, not the customer.
- Determine if repairs are covered under warranty, seek assistance from Warranty Department as needed.
- Issue Purchase Orders to vendors. Receive and match vendor invoices to the Purchase Orders.
- Check customer credit status with the business department.
- Obtain customer vehicle data.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in progress and appointments. Ensure that at least (1) Service Advisor is at his/her work station at all times. Answer telephone calls as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Advise customers on the care of their trucks and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications, using maintenance menus.
- Provide estimates for parts and labor when requested. Have customer sign estimate when authorization is given. (e-mail, fax etc.)
- If additional work is needed, explain the details to the customer, including the additional cost and time considerations.
- Process and close RO’s in a timely manner.
- Call customers for PO’s when applicable.
- Ensure that necessary documents are accounted for.
- Handle routine customer concerns.
- Keep a neat and clean write up area.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Two years of experience in a repair facility setting. General knowledge of vehicle maintenance operations. Sales experience preferred. Computer skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good telephone habits. Legible handwriting.
The Service Advisor works in the reception area and in the service facility. He/she may be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Works with service customers for most of the shift. The Service Advisor will be required to wear a dealership uniform. May be asked to “cover” a different shift due to other employees vacation, sick leave etc.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.mctrucks.com/employment#1475780207229-60daf503-9a41 →